Please join the Central Virginia G.R.I.T.S. for our September Shoot. G.R.I.T.S. member Boo Schwartz, together with Mathews Conservation Club (“MCC”), will be hosting our event.
10:30 a.m. – Meet at the picnic area for waiver signing and photos
11:00 a.m. – Shooting begins
The cost per round is $7.00 and will be collected after shooting. MCC only accepts cash or checks.
There are three fields – skeet, trap and 5-stand. We will split into groups and rotate around the fields until each group has shot all three games.
These directions take you to the Foster Post Office in Mathews, Virginia from Richmond.
• Take the I-64 E/I-95 N ramp toward I-64 W. – Then 0.01 miles
• Merge onto I-64 E via the ramp on the left toward Norfolk. – Then 29.32 miles
• Merge onto VA-33 E via EXIT 220 toward West Point. – Then 19.50 miles
• Stay straight to go onto Glenns Rd/VA-198. – Then 4.45 miles
• Turn left onto Dutton Rd/VA-198. Continue to follow VA-198. – Then 7.46 miles
• Turn right onto Windsor Rd/VA-3. –
1. Windsor Rd is 0.1 miles past Stargate Lane
2. Farm Bureau Isurance is on the left.
3. If you reach Courtney Lane you’ve gone a little too far
Then 2.07 miles
• Turn left onto John Clayton Memorial Hwy/VA-14. – Then 4.25 miles
• The Foster Post Office is on the left. Just past the post office is a one story light yellow house. Get in the turning lane and look for an opening and driveway with a black metal pasture fence. That is the entrance to Mathews Conservation Club.
There will be a small sign out on Rt. 14 to help identify the entrance to MCC.
15315 John Clayton Memorial Hwy, Foster, VA 23056-2054, is on the left.
Your destination is 1 mile past Store House Rd.
After shooting we will gather for socializing. MCC now has electricity so we have the ability to keep food heated up. Please bring a chair, an appetizer to share and your favorite libation.
Please RSVP to Mimi Wingfield (email@example.com) by Friday, September 6, 2019.
This event will be held rain or shine!
The Southern California Big Bear Lake GRITS
Will be holding its first get together on June 15th from 10 am-12 pm at the
Big Bear Valley Sportsman’s Club.
We will get to know each other, talk a little safety, have fun, bust some clays and Crown a Queen for the day to the best new shooter. GRITS hand outs. Finnish up by go to Maggio’s for Lunch.
So put this date on the calendar and come shoot, eat and socialize!